5/24/2012

First post, about Tsukiji market.


Today I announce that I start a new blog. This blog introduces what I like, where I went, and what I ate as well as for learning English by writing it. My name is Iko, name after my lovely dog.



And today, I show you a picture which I took in Tsukiji-market (called "Tsukiji Shijo" in Japanese), where is one of the biggest market in Japan, located in Tokyo. As same as other markets in the world, Tsukiji opens very early morning like 4:00am. Although I went to there late in the morning, 9:00am (I first thought it's "early morning"), people in the market already started to close their stores. scrubbing their unique knives and chop-board, washing the floor by blue hoarse, those reminded me of scenes which I saw other country's market. It always attract me a lot ;)



Recently, Tsukiji has a serious trouble with coming too many tourists, who take seller's pictures without any permitting, touching fish they sell and so on. Since most tourists don't understand Japanese, they are baffled when seller got angry. It finally cause tourist not to allow some place to go into. I don't know whether this measure is continued till now or not. But I always think that we should do what people in the place do. So called "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." I hope anyone from the world could enjoy Tsukiji without any problem.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if you have more info about sukiji market and its prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's really true....sorry about it. However, price about fish or anything in the Tsukiji market depends on person who buy it or which one you buy. They usually have no price tags, so sellers look buyer carefully and decide price. This is one reason why I didn't mention about price.

      Delete
  2. Does the merchant get angry if tourists took pics without permission?
    I like wandering at local markets, took pics & enjoy the different atmosphere compare to the ones in my place.
    What should we, tourist do if we want to take pics but understand no japanese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take photographs in the market, though it had better asked them if you can shoot their faces or not. They are basically in the middle of their working, so they are seriousness. And one important thing is that you must not touch fish or anything they sell. If you touch them by your curiosity, you have to buy it. It's not the rule for foreigner, but also for Japanese. Take care, but if you follow rules it must be very very fun :)

      Delete