8/09/2013

A short stay in Toyama.


 After informed of my grandmother's  hospitalized, I quickly took trains to go to Toyama, where she was.


 Summer in Toyama is fun, although it became more and more humidity summers these past years. I rather like winters in Toyama, filled with snow, I could feel I finally came back.


It was the weekend of a festival in the center of Toyama city. Crowded people and fireworks, I'm terrible with noisy place, however, I liked it :)


On the way back to my grandmother's home, I found this train nearby. Wow, decorated with full of cartoons.


Spending nights in a traditional room, and then....


 The same restaurants, with the same people, and my grandmother was fine ;)


--------------


 Her house was built about 40 years ago, that time they still had many traditional houses here and there. Hers is one of them. opening a small door....


 It has a tiny garden by her own room. When I was young, anytime I was there, regardless of seasons I visited, I liked spending times in her room. I could see the beautiful space once I opened her room. She is a good poet as well, she made some poems about me, I still remember.








 We don't have such kind of purely traditional rooms anymore. Living in a small apartment in Tokyo, I really want to move there!
 'I wish you could be my home, keep my house after I died.' She said to me in the hospital.
 'I'll always come back, like this time.' I smiled.

:)

2 comments:

  1. Konnichiwa!
    It's nice to see the interior of your grandmother's home. Very quaint!
    By the way, what's the thing you are eating? That one on the first picture.
    Jaa ne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. こんにちは、Suzanne_san ;)
      I like the room of my grandmother's too!
      It always makes me feel at home.

      The first picture is a kind of Japanese cracker called "sen-bei".
      You can see a Nori on it^^
      Basically its taste is soy sauce, but these days they started to offer many testes like sugar, pepper, chili, and even curry! :D

      またね^^

      Delete