4/01/2018

Meguro rive and Sakura, on 31st of March, 2018


 It’s always nice to take a walk in Tokyo.
And I particularly enjoy it in the mid spring, when flowers and grasses finally coming out of solid ground, as if we see a sudden change of the world. On the end of March 2018, I cycled along Meguro River (目黒川) in Tokyo, where many fancy restaurants and shops are there.



Sakura is hard to predict when it begins to bloom. This year 2018, it was much earlier than usual. Starting bloom in the last week, it seems now is the biggest days for sakura lovers to walk around.

Along with Meguro river, this sakura road goes on like a few kilometers long, and you can get off the train like Meguro Station of JR or other private line. It’s been three years since I came here last time, I guess.












After seeing beautiful pink scenery, I hop on to the bicycle, headed to Tsutaya Books (蔦屋書店), a famous sophisticated bookstore in the fancy district of Daikan-yama (代官山), where many embassies are along the street.






 Not only books, but you can also find nice stationary, pottery, music and so on. I sometimes come over the place just for have a cup of coffee in the terrace, relaxing myself :) A nice thing about this bookstore is that they open from 7 a.m. in the morning, when many other shops and places are still closed.  Early bird like me love such a place! (It is closed at 2 a.m. in the midnight, by the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment